If you’re pregnant and wondering about what going on maternity leave will be like for you, then come along to this evening where Edinburgh Birth and Baby will be discussing what you can do to prepare yourself and what might be useful to know about now.
Among the team will be Emma Reid, from Employment Law specialists Ergo Law, and Sarah Wheatley from Birth and Beyond, a counsellor who supports mothers during the transitions of parenthood. It will be an informal conversation, where you can bring your own questions and we will also be talking about some of the topics that we get asked about regularly.
Click here for your free ticket. Numbers are limited due to space, so if you find you can’t come along, please let us know so we can pass your place on to someone else. Thank you!
Lululemon on the 29th April 2017
There are currently no antenatal evenings set up but we are looking to do different events across the city. If you’d like to know more about them then keep an eye on our upcoming events – then do sign up to our newsletter.
Here’s information from our last event.
Come along to our drop in session where you can ask pre- and post-natal specialists anything you like about pregnancy, birth and being a new parent.
- Benefits of coming along:
meet and talk with the Edinburgh Birth & Baby practitioners and ask any questions about pregnancy, birth and early baby
- see hands-on demonstrations of baby CPR and cloth nappies
- get the opportunity to make your own Pottyemma clay hearts with Emma Shields fom Potty Emma
- enter a prize draw to win a voucher from Rachel Hein Photography (worth £75), a Baby Kind newborn observation from Birth & Beyond (worth £80), a baby massage course at Edinburgh Baby Massage (worth £60), a term of Daisy Birthing antenatal classes with The Daisy Foundation Edinburgh (worth £60) and a place on a Baby and Child First Aid course with Twist Training (worth £55) and a voucher for pregnancy reflexology with Georgie McCulloch Reflexology (worth £45).
- at the event you can exchange your ticket for a £5 discount for purchases from Pottyemma; £10 discount for your first treatment with Vicky Pittman at Morningside Chirorpractic; and sign up for a free Pregnancy Relaxation download and a free 30 minute Joyful Birth 1-to-1 taster session plus receive a free voucher for your first visit to a pilates class at Physical Health Personal Training Pilates Studio
Antenatal Evening with Edinburgh Birth & Baby – 21st November 2016
7.00pm: Doors open
7.05pm: Welcome and introduction to the Edinburgh Birth and Baby practitioners – Sarah Wheatley, Birth & Beyond
7.15pm: An introduction to massaging your child – Anne Nash, Edinburgh Baby Massage
7.25pm: ‘Pub Quiz’ – Join in our famous Edinburgh Birth and Baby quiz! A fun and informal group discussion about birth preparation, birth and early life with baby
7.55pm Specialist Subject – These always change each from event to event, a talk or demo from one of the Edinburgh Birth and Baby team
8.05pm Natal Hypnotherapy relaxation session – Gem Nealon, Positive Birth Scotland
8.20pm: Question and answers session on pregnancy, birth & early parenting – your chance to ask questions to any of the Edinburgh Birth and Baby practitioners. If you would like to send in a question in advance, please send us an email to EBBSInfo@gmail.com or there will be the chance to ask on the night
8.30pm – Demonstration sessions including:
– baby CPR
– cloth nappies
PLUS complimentary hand and arm massages and try out and learn more about clay imprints.
We look forward to seeing you then!
A complimentary soft drink will be provided on arrival, hot drinks and refreshments are available to purchase from the cafe. A donation of 10% of ticket sales will be made to Juno PMHS (Perinatal Mental Health Support).